Yield= 10 Servings (1 cup per serving)
- 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour *
- 2-10 ounce cans of baby clams in water
- 1 lb of red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (to make 2 cups of puree)
- 2 cups of 1% milk
- 4 springs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika to garnish for a smoking flavor
*Use garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour to make a soup gluten free
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, garlic, and onion to be sautéed for 5 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo bean flour to the large pot and stir for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of water, clams, milk, potatoes, 2 thyme springs, and bay leaves to the large pot.
- Steam and puree the cauliflower. Add the puree to the soup.
- Bring the soup to a boil, stir, and then simmer for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the soup thickened. Stir every 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish each serving with thyme and paprika
Nutrient Analysis Per Serving: Calories: 114, Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 13 mg, Carbohydrate: 16 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 8 g, Sodium: 390 mg
This recipe was featured in my post “A Day of Watching, Reading, and Loving Running”!