Yield= 16 balls (1/8 cup per ball)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of almond butter (or peanut butter or other nut butters)
- 1/3 cup of flaxseed
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons of ground coffee beans
- 1/3 cup of dried cherries (or other dried fruit)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp of salt (to add sodium), 1-2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, or 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make 1/8 cup size balls and place on a cooking sheet to freeze and harden for 10-15 minutes. S
- Store it the refrigerator or freezer. Place 2 balls in a snack baggie to bring on your runs!
Nutrition Analysis Per Serving: Calories: 91, Fat: 5 g, Sat Fat: 0.5 g, Cholesterol: 0 g Carbohydrate: 11g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 2 mg
This recipe was featured in my post “A Day of Watching, Reading, and Loving Running”!