Yields: 2 cups, about 8 servings (1/4 cup per serving)
- 2 cups tomatillos, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 cup jalapeño, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with tin foil/wax paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together tomatillos, onions, and olive oil.
- Spread mixture on the baking sheet.
- Roast mixture for about 30 minutes until tomatillos and onion are soft enough to puree.
- Pour mixture in a blender and puree mixture to create salsa.
- Add and blend the lime juice and jalapeno to the salsa.
This recipe is featured in my blog post “Esta Noche, Vamos A Comer Comida Mexicana Para La Cena” for Cinco de Mayo!