- Sloppy Joe Mixture
- 1.5 lbs of lean ground beef or turkey (93% lean, leaner the better)
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 4 ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp of yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1.5 tsp of chili powder
- 2 heads of bibb lettuce
- Optional Toppings: avocado, mozzarella cheese, jalapeños, plain greek yogurt
- Cook and brown the beef in a pan. Drain the juice and add the beef to the crockpot.
- Add all the other sloppy joe ingredients into the crockpot and mix the sloppy joe mixture well.
- Cook sloppy joe mixture for 4-6 hours on LOW (2-3 Hours on HIGH).
- Place 2 Tbsp of the Sloppy Joe mixture onto each bibb lettuce leaf. (Optional: Add toppings).
- Wrap your bibb lettuce leaf and take a bite!
Sloppy Joe Recipe adapted from Family at Heart
*if you don’t have a crockpot, you can make the sloppy joe mixture in a large pot on the stove. Bring sloppy joe mixture to a boil and simmer for 1-2 hours!
Finds this recipe featured in my post, SLIM Super Bowl Party Recipes, where you can find other low calorie and fat party dishes!