Why is breakfast considered the most important meal of the day?!?!
- Breakfast increases your metabolism by starting to move your gastrointestinal system earlier in the day.
- Breakfast helps with weight management and weight loss by the tendency to not overeat throughout the day.
- Breakfast refuels your blood sugar and replenishes your glycogen stores after a 8-12 hour overnight fast.
- Breakfast kickstart your energy level for the day making you more alert.
You bet I eat breakfast everyday, even if it is something I can grab on the go and eat in the car on the way to work!
The IDEAL breakfast should contain FIBER and PROTEIN to keep you full longer!
Quick Breakfast Ideas:
- Eggs sandwich on whole wheat toast or english muffin
- Fruit smoothie with flaxseed, rolled oats, and greek yogurt
- Yogurt parfait with greek yogurt and granola
- High fiber cereal with skim milk and berries
- Oatmeal with an egg white or scoop of protein powder added into the cooking process
- ON THE GO: Hard boiled egg, one serving of fiber cereal, and apple OR granola bar that contains fiber and protein (Luna, cliff, kashi bars) OR whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana
Check out my recipes for more ideas!