- 1 very ripe medium banana (I used a frozen ripe banana defrosted for 2 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 Tbsp water)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter (or other nut butters)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil (or coconut oil)
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk (or substitute cow, soy, or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat (or sub other flour: all purpose white flour, almond meal or coconut flour)
- Optional Extra ingredients:chocolate chips, fresh/frozen blueberries, nuts, spices/herbs/powders (cinnamon, pumpkin spice, unsweetened cocoa, PB2, protein powder).
- In a small bowl, prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water and letting set for 3-5 minutes.
- In another medium size bowl, mash your very ripe banana with baking powder.
- Add the flax egg, oil, salt, vanilla, nut butter, milk in the medium size bowl and stir.
- Add and stir in the oats and flour in the medium size bowl.
- Sprinkle in additional extra ingredients and fold gently.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture onto a lightly greased pan.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side until each side is golden brown.
- Serve plain or with a small drizzle of maple syrup, jams, nut butters, or pumpkin/apple butter with a few additional chocolate chips and/or berries.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker
Find this recipe featured in my post, My First Official Post!