Yield: 12-16 servings (4 oz of pulled pork per serving)
- 3 lb pork loin roast (leanest part of the pig)
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 peach, chopped
- Homemade BBQ sauce (no added sugar)
- 1 can of low-sodium Campbell’s condensed tomato soup (inspired by Peggie Hutchinson’s pulled pork recipe)
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons of liquid smoke (hickory flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon of cayenne powder
- 1 Tablespoon of cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of ground mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- Add half the onion slices to the bottom of the crockpot. Place the port loin on top with the other half of the onion slices and chopped peach.
- In a blender, add all the BBQ sauce ingredients and blend on high for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour BBQ sauce over pork loin and stir the BBQ sauce amongst the pork loin/onion/peach.
- Cook pork loin for 8 hours on LOW (4 hours on HIGH).
- Remove the pork loin on to a cutting board and pull the pork into shredded pieces.
- Place the pulled pork back into the crockpot and stir in the tomato paste.
- Cook the pulled pork for 30 minutes on HIGH and leave on low until it is ready to be served.
Recipe featured in “Liquid Smokin’ Crockpot Pulled Pork with Turkey Bacon Brussels Sprouts”!