Mediterranean Vegetable Mixture:
Yields: 4 servings (4 oz serving of salmon over 1 cup of vegetables)
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint of zima yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of asparagus spears, diced
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes in herbs and olive oil (found at the grocery store in glass gar by the produce or isle with jars of olives/peppers/pickle)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lb salmon steak
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 cup of yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic, minced
- Mix all the Mediterranean vegetable ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour mixture into the crockpot.
- Rinse the salmon steak and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon onto the salmon. Cut lemon into slices and save them for step 5.
- Sprinkle the rosemary, thyme, and garlic over the entire salmon steak and rub into salmon with your hands.
- Place the salmon on top of the mediterranean vegetable mixture and top the salmon with the slices of lemon (from step 3) and chopped onion.
- Cook the salmon for 2.5 hours on High (4-5 hours on LOW OR bake in oven on 350 degrees F for 20 minutes).
- Remove salmon steak and cut into 4 pieces.
- Stir and strain the vegetable mixture.
- Scoop one 1 cup of the vegetables onto a plate and top with a piece of salmon! *Optional: 1/2 cup of a grain such as brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, or barley.
Recipe feature in my post, Mediterranean Style Crockpot Salmon!