Yield: 6 servings (1 enchilada)
6 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
Enchilada Inside Mixture
- 3 cups of cooked chicken breast, shredded (4-6 chicken breasts)
- 5 ounce can of chopped green chiles
- 2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of cumin
Enchilada Topping Before Baking
- 2 cup salsa verde (homemade)
- 1 cup Mexican style shredded cheese
Optional: Enchilada toppings after baked
- 1-2 Tablespoons per enchilada
- Sliced/chopped jalapeno
- Salsa verde (homemade)
- Pico de Gallo/Other Salsa
- Red onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x 13 pan with olive oil/canola oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked chicken breast, greek yogurt, green chiles lime juice, cumin, black pepper.
- Pour 1 cup of salsa verdes on the bottom of the greased pan.
- Place 1/2 cup of chicken yogurt mixture in the center of each tortilla and wrap to create your enchilada. Place enchilada on top of the salsa verdes
- Pout 1 cup of salsa verde on top of the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the mexican style shredded cheese on top of the enchiladas.
- Place enchiladas in the oven and cook for 20-30 until cheese is melted.
- Serve enchiladas immediately with optional toppings.
This recipe is featured in my blog post “Esta Noche, Vamos A Comer Comida Mexicana Para La Cena” for Cinco de Mayo!