Makes 4 servings (about 1-1.5 cup per serving)
- To Make Basic Steel Cuts
- 1 cup of uncooked steel cut oats (or 2 cups of traditional rolled oats)
- 3.5 cups of vanilla unsweetened almond milk (or water, cow’s milk, soymilk, or a combination of water and milk)
- 2 Tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- To Make Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- To Make Chocolate Berry Coconut Steel Cut Oats
- 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup fo fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, and/or blackberries)
- Optional Toppings to add to your already cooked steel cut oats: walnuts, almonds, pecans, fresh berries, nut butter or PB2, jams, maple syrup, etc.
- Put all the ingredients into the crockpot and stir the mixture well.
- Cook the steel-cut oats for 8 hours on Low overnight (or 3-4 hours on HIGH)
- The steel-cut oats are ready to eat! Add any additional toppings you would like!
- The leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated. Scoop out of container and microwave your steel cut outs with or without 1/8 cup of liquid (water or milk or milk substitute) for 2 minutes.
Recipe inspired by The Yummy Life
Find this recipe featured in my post,