Yield: 12 fritters (1 serving = 1 fritter = 2 oz, 1/4 cup per fritter)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- ½ medium white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 corn on the cob (or 2- 15 oz cans of corn)
- 3 chives, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup of instant oats
- Optional: 1-2 tsp of Tabasco sauce, 1-2 tsp of crushed dried red pepper
- In a food processor, mince the zucchini, onion, and garlic cloves.
- Wrap the minced mixture in a triple layer of paper towels and squeeze to release the excess water.
- In a large bowl, add the corn and ¼ inch of water. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and cook the corn for 10 minutes in the microwave (or you can cook the corn on the stove for 30 minutes).
- Cut the corn off the cob. In a large bowl, mix the minced mixture, corn, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- In a blender or food processor, turn the instant oats into a flour consistency.
- Add the egg whites and *instant oats to the corn zucchini mixture.
- Place ¼ cup servings of the zucchini corn mixture onto a large pan greased with olive oil spray.
- On medium heat, cook the fritters for 10 minutes on both sides or until the fritters are slightly brown.
- Serve the zucchini corn fritters with a dollop 0% greek yogurt, guacamole, and/or salsa!
*Adding oats (instant or rolled oats) to your fritter mixture will absorb the excess water from the vegetables so your fritters don’t fall apart during the cooking process!
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 54 kcal, Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Dietary fiber: 2g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 60 mg.