- 1/2 large white onion
- 3 cups of fresh cranberries (the whole 12 oz bag)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 pinch of salt
- 12 fl oz of orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 small boneless turkey breast (or whatever size turkey breast that would fit into your crockpot)
- Potatoes (use one or as many kinds of potatoes as you wish to make about 2 cup of sliced potatoes)3 Tablespoons of whole wheat flour
- 6 fingerling potatoes, sliced
- 4 red potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, sliced
- Add the onion, cranberries, cinnamon, ginger, salt, orange juice, and honey into the crockpot and mix well to disperse the honey and spices.
- Place the turkey breast on top of the cranberry and onion mixture (leave the netting on the turkey breast).
- Place the sliced potatoes around the turkey breast.
- Cook the turkey breast for 8 hours on LOW (4-5 hours on HIGH). Continue cooking the turkey breast until the inside temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Take the turkey breast out of the crockpot, cut the netting off, and slice the turkey breast.
- Add the flour to the cranberry gravy to make your gravy thicker (can skip this step if you like a thinner gravy).
- Place and submerge your slices of turkey breast in the gravy while the gravy thickens for 20 minutes.
- Your cranberry chicken is ready to be served! Roasted Brussels sprouts and/or broccoli would be perfect green vegetable sides to complete this meal!
Recipe adapted from here
Find this recipe featured in my post,