- Butternut squash, cubed
- Yellow onion, 1 medium size, sliced
- Cannellini beans (any white bean will do), 7 oz can, rinsed
- Vegetable broth (can use chicken broth as well), 2 cups
- Rosemary, 1 tsp
- Thyme, 1 tsp
- Cracked black pepper, 1/2-1 tsp (to taste)
- Salt, 1/2 -1 tsp (to taste)
- Ginger, 1 Tablespoon, chopped
- Cinnamon, 2 tsp
- Optional (used in my recipe)
- Kale, fresh, 2 cups
- Greek yogurt, non-fat plain, 1/2 cup
- Peel and cut the butternut squash into large 1-2 inch cubes and slice onion. Place into the crockpot.
- Add the rinsed cannellini beans, vegetable broth, rosemary, thyme, ginger, salt and pepper to the crockpot.
- Put the crockpot on HIGH for 3 hours until butternut squash is soft. Soft butternut squash
- Scoop out the hot mixture into a blender until mixture is a smooth puree (I used a vitamix gradually putting the speed up to HIGH for 30 seconds). You got butternut squash soup!
- Pour the puréed mixture back into the crockpot and stir in the cinnamon. Taste the soup to make sure there is enough cinnamon, salt, and pepper (add more if needed)
- Optional Step/extra ingredients: And add the kale and Greek yogurt. Stir well
- Cook soup for another 30 minutes and your butternut squash soup is ready to be served!
Find this recipe featured in my post, Week 1 Crockpot Meal: Butternut Squash Soup!