Yields: 8 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 4 cups of strawberries (1.5 pound)
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2.0 cups of plain 0% greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of melted chocolate (about 8-10 chocolate dove hearts)
- Optional: white chocolate chips , chopped strawberries/other fruit, etc.
- In a blender, add the sugar and strawberries (remove the tops of the whole strawberries, but it is not necessary to chop them). Blend strawberry sugar mixture until it is smooth like a smoothie.
- Add the lemon juice and yogurt to the blender and blend the mixture again until it is smooth like a smoothie.
- If you have an ice cream/frozen yogurt maker: Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and mix for about 30 minutes. Once the mixture gets thick (like frozen yogurt), add the melted chocolate and optional toppings into the ice cream maker. Mix for another minute and pour the frozen yogurt into a container with a sealed top. Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or freeze the frozen yogurt for about 30-60 minutes to solidify to consistency you prefer.
- If you don’t have an ice cream/frozen yogurt maker: Pour the mixture into a container with a sealed top and freeze for about 2 hours. Once the mixture starts to get thick, mix in the melted chocolate and optional toppings. Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or let it freeze to solidify to consistency you prefer.
- If you want to eat the frozen yogurt a day or few days after you make it, remove the frozen yogurt from the freezer and defrost the container for about 30-60 minutes at room temperature until the frozen yogurt is soft enough to scoop and serve!
Strawberries and chocolate! How can you resist! Enjoy a homemade sweet treat on Valentine’s day or whenever you get a craving for frozen yogurt!
Nutrition Analysis: Calories: 219, Fat: 9 grams, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Carbohydrate: 32 g, Sugar: 29 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 34 mg
This recipe was featured in my post, The Best Annual Valentine’s Gift and A Low Cal Sweet Treat!