Yield: 20 servings (6 oz serving, 2 in x 2 in square):
- 12 ounces of wide egg noodles
- 2 cups of plain 0% greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)
- 1 cup of 1% cottage cheese (instead of 4% cottage cheese)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter (I used Land Lake’s olive oil/canola oil blend)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9” x 13” in pan.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook the noodles until tender (about 5 minutes). Strain noodles and place the noodles back into the pot
- In a blender, blend the yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into the pot with the noodles. Stir in the pineapple and blueberries.
- Pour mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake the kugel for 60 minutes.
- Let the kugel cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve kugel warm or cold.
Recipe inspired by Shiska in the Kitchen
Recipe featured in my post “Passover isn’t complete without Kugel and Charoset“!