- 4 medium apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup of Apple Cider
- 1 cup of traditional rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of cinnamon (1 tsp for sliced apples, 1 tsp for mixture)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Smart Balance Margarine
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Slice the apples and lay out in a pan. Mix in the cinnamon and apple cider.
- In a bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, wheat flour, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the margarine in your mixture until the contents gets crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the apples.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the apples have softened to your liking.
- Now enjoy! Eat the apple crisp plain or with a dollop of vanilla yogurt/ice cream.
This recipe was featured in my post “The Three Generation Dietitians”!