Yields = 30 balls (about 1 tablespoon or quarter size per ball)
- 1.5 cup of dates
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Optional Ingredients: 1/4-1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes, 2-3 tablespoons of ground coffee beans (to add caffeine), and 1/2 tsp of salt (to add sodium, which is good on very long runs and hot days).
- Warm the dates in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Place the walnuts in the food processor until minced.
- Add the warm dates, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to the walnuts and process until all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Form the fudgie mixture into quarter/tablespoon balls.
Nutrition Analysis Per Serving: Calories: 50, Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 g Carbohydrate: 10g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Protein: 1 g, Sodium: 0 g
This recipe was featured in my post “A Day of Watching, Reading, and Loving Running”!