Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, drained, squeezed
- 1/4 cup pesto (homemade with olive oil, walnuts, and basil)
- 4 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (substitute 1/2 cup of original unsweetened almond milk for a paleo version)
- 1 tsp of oregano, ground
- 1 tsp of thyme, dried
- 1 tsp of rosemary, dried
- 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
*Other vegetables that taste great in egg bakes: kale, spinach, green beans, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
- Pre-Heat oven for 375 degrees and spray olive oil in a 9 x13 in glass pan.
- Saute the vegetables (eggplant, onion, broccoli, and tomato) with the pesto in a sauce pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, plain yogurt, and oregano/thyme/rosemary/salt/pepper
- Place the sautéed veggies in your baking pan and mix in all the other ingredients
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Let egg bake cool slowly on the stove top or refrigerator until you are ready to eat 🙂
Find this recipe featured my post, The Three Generation Dietitians, with recipes and what dietitians do for fun to complete a girlie weekend!.