MyPlate Thanksgiving Style, Pictures of Thanksgiving, Sibling Turkey Trot Race, Thanksgiving Day Recap, Thanksgiving leftover ideas, Thanksgiving leftovers, Thanksgiving MyPlate, turkey leftovers, Turkey Trot Race, what I did on thanksgiving, what should I do with leftover turkey, What should I do with my thanksgiving leftovers
This year’s Thanksgiving met all my expectations and more!
Here is a little Recap of how it when down in Westport, Connecticut!
Pequot 5 Mile Turkey Trot : My First Turkey Trot Race 🙂
The race was a great refreshing start to the day. We all had fun running and finishing strong together!
The rest of the day was playing with my nephews, cooking, relaxing, and enjoying family and of course yummy food!
I made the roasted brussels sprouts and acorn squash mash (with dried cranberries, walnuts, and pure maple syrup). I forgot to take photos 😦 Next Year!
My mom was the main cook! She always does a great job!
4:30 pm = Dinner Time
By 7:30pm, the kiddos were asleep! Finally, the adults had some peace and quiet and we ended the night early to get ready for Black Friday shopping!
This is the first holiday vacation in while that I have felt rested and stress free! I woke up this morning and enjoyed a moment to myself on 6 mile run. Then I played with Zac and went shopping with my sister at a few local stores! Anthropologie got me in trouble, but I got good deals and clothes I can’t wait to wear! I was more than ready for lunch when we got back from shopping.
I enjoyed leftovers in a turkey sandwich with gravy, cranberry sauce and acorn squash mash on an arnold’s wheat thin! I always crave cranberry turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving!
What else can you make with your leftovers besides turkey sandwiches????
10 Ideas to Use Up Your Leftovers:
- Turkey Pot Pie
- Turkey Taco Chili
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Turkey Waldorf Salad (with walnuts, grapes, and your dressing can be cranberry sauce)
- Potato Pancakes (from leftover potatoes or sweet potatoes/mash)
- Veggie Egg Bake (from leftover vegetables)
- Sweet Potato Dip (leftover sweet potatoes blended with white or black beans)
- Baked Green Beans (dip green beans in egg then breadcrumbs and bake in oven on 350 F until crispy)
- Turkey Salad in a pita (with low-fat plain greek yogurt, grapes or dried raisins/cranberries, and celery)
- Cranberry muffins (with leftover cranberry sauce)